-

-

Friday, May 30, 2014

Five Minute Friday.

Today's Prompt: Nothing.

Go.

On my knees, gaze pointed down at the floor. Embarrassed. Hands wringing, bits of ocean fill in around the blue, vision blurs. I squeeze my eyes shut.

I feel the broken pieces sticking into the deepest part of my soul. I feel the shattered glass, the pieces I tried so desperately to glue back together, but the elemers glue is just not enough and my childlike hands are clumsy and don't know how to mend the holes.

I'm so sorry. I messed it all up. I made so many bad decisions, went precisely in the opposite direction of where you wanted me to be. I really didn't mean to most of the time. You trusted me with so much and I didn't do as you asked. You gave me all the beauty and wonderful things in the world and I ungratefully took them and abused them all. I wanted so badly to take care of what you gave me, to be the person you wanted me to be, but I broke it all. I'm here, but I have nothing left. I understand if you want nothing to do with me. I wouldn't either.

Hand reaches, gentle underneath my chin, raising my gaze to meet your own.

Oh, sweet girl of mine. There is nothing you could do, no mistake made, no promise broken, no path too far away... there is no height nor depth that could ever keep my love from reaching you. 

Your arms slide around my shoulders, I didn't realize how much I craved them to be there, you hold me close. I feel the pieces, the brokenness I was sure was beyond repair, begin to mend again.

I brought you nothing, you gave me everything.

This is grace, this is love.

Stop.

-S.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sarah! I think that being broken like that helps to strengthen our faith. I know it did for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so beautiful. It's when we're most broken that we feel God's presence.

    ReplyDelete