-

-

Friday, May 23, 2014

Five Minute Friday.

Today's prompt: Close.

Go.

It's so easy to feel so lost sometimes.
Life feels like a sprint in the opposite direction of the home where you are
And it's so easy to get caught up in the path that goes that way.

I've never been good at directions.

I can get lost more easily than I'd like to admit
It's just so simple to get turned around
Driving in circles, farther away from where you are
Where I need to be.

I swear I've seen that tree before.

God knew not to create me before the GPS.
And I guess that lost sense of direction carries over to life itself somedays
Taking wrong turns, losing my way
I promise I'm trying.

And just when I think I'm hopelessly lost
When the road seems so long behind me
When I'm miles and miles down the path I didn't intend to take

Deep breath.
U-turn.
But wait, what is that, just to the right?

Oh.

There you are.
You were so close all along.

-S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment