-

-

Friday, February 7, 2014

Beginnings.

Beginnings have always thrilled me. I love the idea of a fresh day, untarnished space of new time, ready to be filled with whatever you so choose to fill it with. New journals are always exhilarating too. A whole book of empty pages full of promise, waiting for new poems and lists and prose and secrets. I suppose, though, one of the most enticing things about beginnings are that there isn't really a set way to begin. I could write you a poem. Or I could just jump right in with a hard-hitting piece on some big topic. But it's my choice. And that's pretty cool. I mean, sure, there are useful hints, norms that most seem to follow. But I guess I can't really get this wrong, right?

I'm very excited to begin this blog. I've had a lot of new beginnings recently, and so this seems to fit right in. I want to tell you a little about myself, and what all this blog is (hopefully!) going to be!

My name is Sarah. I am a sophomore at Appalachian State, and I wouldn't trade my life for anything! I am just about as messy as they come and goodness knows I have messed up more than my fair share. But I am saved by grace and a God who never gives up on me, even when I feel like I'm literally running in the opposite direction. I am really into fitness (this is a recent development, friends, so I am still learning!), dancing, music, photography, owls, nutella, and poetry! I am an Elementary Education major with a double minor in Special Education and English. I'm also an aspiring writer, so what better way to practice than by blogging, right? I have had a different blog for a while now, but like I said, I love beginnings. Right now, it's just time for a fresh start in my life.

I'm not really quite sure what else to tell you! I'm in the middle of some big changes in my life, and I am an avid supporter of being who you are. And knowing that the definition of you may very well change over and over and over. And that's okay. If there is anything that I have learned in my short 19 years of leaving fingerprints on this planet, and if you never hear anything else that I have to say, please remember this: You are under no obligation to be the same person that you were five minutes ago. Always chase your dreams, do something that matters, and remember that love always wins. Life is about stringing together the little things and making them count for more than the bad stuff, and never be afraid of being brave enough to start over.

Our time here is limited, but let's make it beautiful. Will you join me?

All my love,
-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment